Solicitor – Temporary Visa Pilot Project
The Top End Women’s Legal Service (TEWLS) seeks an experienced solicitor (3 years PAE+) to join our vibrant team and help the service develop, deliver and lead a new migration law practice.
In 2021, TEWLS was invited to deliver the Temporary Visa Holders experiencing violence pilot project (the Pilot) in the Northern Territory. The Pilot aims to achieve positive outcomes for families, women and their children by working across sectors to improve the safety and wellbeing of children, advancing gender equality and reducing violence against women and their children, and will run for an initial period of 12 months.
Based in beautiful Darwin, TEWLS’ new migration law practice will focus on advice, assistance, and representation to women on temporary visas experiencing domestic and family violence. The practice will provide exposure to meaningful, varied, interesting, and complex legal work, within a supportive and trauma-informed environment.
If you are looking for a unique opportunity to develop and use your legal skillset while working in the breathtaking tropics, this role is for you.
At TEWLS, we offer:
– Competitive remuneration package, including salary sacrifice and six (6) weeks’ annual leave
– No billable targets, sustainable caseloads, and a supportive environment dedicated to developing employee wellbeing and resilience.
– Excellent training opportunities and investment in your professional development.
– The opportunity to use your legal skills to address gender inequality and support women.
– An energised, collegiate and high-achieving team.
– Salary – by initial reference to SCHADS Level 5 (level subject to experience).
Part-time and initial remote-work applications will be considered.
If you wish to apply for the position and join a small energised, collegiate, high achieving team, please submit a resume and a statement addressing both essential and desirable selection criteria: TEWLS – Solicitor – Temporary Visa Pilot Project Position Description
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the position description which includes the selection criteria for the role.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Caitlin Weatherby-Fell, Acting Managing Solicitor on (08) 8982 3000.
Applications are to be submitted by email to email@example.com
Applications will close COB Friday 23 July 2021.